The ‘Antiparos En Plo’ Cultural Society has the pleasure of announcing that the ‘7th 24.4km Antiparos Road Race for Health’ will be taking place on Sunday 27 May 2018 on the island of Antiparos. A 10km Road Race, 5km Road Race a 10km Walk (non-competitive), a 2km Children’s Race (Fun Race) will also be held parallel to the main 24.4km road race event.
Click here to register online!
Friday 25th of May 2018
- 19:00 – 20:00 – Volunteer brief/meeting (Navagio Cafe – next to post-office)
Saturday 26th of May 2018
- 19:00 – 21:00 Registration package collection(Navagio Cafe – next to post-office)
Sunday 27th of May 2018
- 11:30 – 15:00 Registration package collection restaurant Anargyros – Antiparos Port
- 17:00 – Technical Race Brief for 10km and 24km
- 17:30 – Starting 10km hiking event
- 17:45 – Starting 24km event
- 17:55 – Starting 10km event
- 18:05 – Starting 5km event
- 18:15 – Starting Fun Race (2km)
- 20:45 – Race completion for 10km/24km, gathering athletes in starting line
- 21:15 – Award ceremony
- 21:30 – Treat – Buffet
24.4 km Race
The route of the 24.4km. Antiparos road race for health starts from the port of Antiparos, passes through the main village (1km), continues along the coastline as far as the settlement of Ayios Yeorgios (with its view to the island of Despotiko) and returns along the same route. (The entire race is on paved road.) This is where the checkpoint for athletes will be set up as well.
The route and the altitude from the start to finish line can be found in the attached video and picture.