The ‘Antiparos En Plo’ Cultural Society has the pleasure of announcing that the ‘6th 24.4km Antiparos Road Race for Health’ will be taking place on Saturday 17 June 2016 on the island of Antiparos.
The following events will also be held parallel to the 24.4km road race:
- 10km Road Race
- 10km Walk (non-competitive)
- 2km Children’s Race (Fun Race)
Location of the Races: Antiparos
Date: Saturday 17.06.2017
Starting Time: 18.00
Maximum Duration of Race: 3 hours.
Starting / Finish Line: Old Pier (Palio Molo), Port of Antiparos.
Race Distances: 24.4km and 10km
- Route: The lovely and very picturesque course starts from the port of Antiparos, passes through the main village, continues next to the sea as far as the settlement of Ayios Yeorgios (St George), with its view to the island of Despotiko, and returns along the same route. The entire race is on paved road. Ayios Yeorgios is also where the checkpoint for athletes will be set up. Check the 24,4 km route here
- Time of Arrival for the Start: Participants are kindly requested to arrive at least half an hour prior to the beginning of the race.
- Athlete ‘Refuelling’ Stations: There will be 6 ‘refuelling’ stations along the route—at kilometres 5, 8.5, 12.2 (at Ayios Yeorgios—which is also a time checkpoint), 16, 19.5 and 22. All stations will be equipped with water, bananas and isotonic drinks.
The participation fee for the 24,4km road race, 10km road race and 10km Walk (non-competitive) is 10 euro and includes:
- Technical T-shirt
- 40% Discount in ferry tickets (Blue Star) for athletes travelling roundtrip from Piraeus to Paros. Please check all the details here.
- Participation, commemorative medal and timing.
- Participation in the buffet after the completion of the race.
- For the 2 km race(Fun Race) there is no entry fee.
- 10km Road Race: The route begins at the port and passes through the village, continuing along the coastline as far as the Glyfa area, and returns along the same road. Check the 10km route here.
- 10km Walk (non-competitive): This event also starts from the port, but the course circles around the village. Participants are kindly requested to have a knapsack with them, as well as appropriate footwear, a hat and water.
- 2km Children’s Race (Fun Race): The starting point is the same as that of the 24.4km event.
Submission of Participation Forms:
The registration process for the completion of participation is:
- Complete registration form by Friday 2nd June 2017
- As soon as you have completed the form you will receive a confirmation email
- Deposit the registration fee of 10 euro by Friday 2nd of June
- Bank: National Bank of Greece
- Account Number: 455/40141970
- IBAN: GR25 0110 4550 0000 4554 0141 970 / BIC: ETHNGRAA
- Please include your registration name in the corresponding field.
- Within the next 3 days from the deposit, you will receive an email that will confirm the successful registration.
Participation: The aim of the Antiparos En Plo Society is to offer a special sporting experience—not only to athletes, but to every volunteer, walker and member of the public taking part. Participation in any of the events takes place with the personal responsibility of the participant. Athletes under the age of 18 may participate with the full responsibility of their parents or guardians.
Prizes: Cups will be awarded to the top three finishers in both female and male categories. Everyone will receive medals.All participants in the Fun Race will also receive medals.
Contact Details and Updates:
- Web: http://antiparosenplo.gr/
- Facebook Event: 6th Antiparos Health Race
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/antiparos.en.plo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/antiparosenplo
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antiparosenplo/
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+AntiparosEnPlo
In addition, you may contact the Antiparos En Plo team by email antiparosenplo [at] gmail.com or phone: George Argyrakis (Race Director) at (++30) 6951933179, or Vicky Kyriakopoulou (Race Director) at (++30) 2284061012, Yiorgos Daniilidis (Race Manager) at (++30) 6973853790.